Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Tis The Season of Pumpkin

The pumpkin blizzard. Oh my gosh, my mouth is watering so much right now. I have kept myself under control and have only gotten TWO all fall. I am going to call that a win.

Then there is the PSL. Another one where I lose any and all control I have over food. I have also only had TWO this fall – we are going to call that a win. Hopefully I can resist from anymore!

My all time favorite is a pumpkin muffin with a shiz ton of chocolate chips. No I am not talking about a healthy version, I am talking pure unhealthiness, chocolaty and pumpkin. YUM.

What about pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting? Yep, I have had that too. There is a local bakery in Fargo that I loved called Great Harvest. Well the other day I was driving in St. Paul and drove right by one. You bet my car made the quickest U turn of its life and within seconds I was standing in line getting my over priced $4.99 cream cheese pumpkin bar.

Last week I tried to make cookies with pumpkin, chocolate, protein powder and a few other ingredients. I wanted to vomit when they came out of the oven. So dissapionting knowing you put you SF Lily’s chocolate chips that are $7.99 a bag. UGH.

Then Trumi Training posted this recipe and I thought I would give ONE more pumpkin recipe a try before I say NO WAY to all recipes in my future. This one is for sure a win! And pretty healthy too.


Pumpkin Bars
Ingredients

1, 15 oz. can garbanzo beans (chickpeas) drained and rinsed
½ cup pumpkin (pure from a can, not pie filling)
2 large egg whites
1/4 cup low sugar maple syrup
1/2 cup Trumi Whey Protein Powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tbs stevia
1/4 tsp salt
Optional: 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips


Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees & spray an 8X8 pan with cooking spray. 

2. Put all of the ingredients (except chocolate chips/nuts, if using) in a blender or food processor, and blend until smooth. 

3. Pour batter into prepared baking pan and smooth evenly into pan. If using one of the optional toppings, sprinkle them out evenly over bars.

4. Bake for 23-28 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cut into 9 bars, ENJOY!!!


Nutrition Information
Makes 9 serverings

Calories per bar: 70 | Fat: 1g | Carbs: 9g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Protein: 7g


Seriously amazing. It is pretty macro friendly too! 
**You could use any protein powders you have
**Nutrition information will vary depending on the products you use
**I used 1 T. organic stevia (the powder, not liquid) 




post signature

1 comment:

  1. I'm intrigued by any baking recipe that uses chickpeas! Might have to give this one a try.

    ReplyDelete