Thursday, July 10, 2014

50 Healthy Snacks


Do you ever feel like your whole day revolves around food? Unhealthy or healthy, that you are always thinking about your next me? I am so guilty for this. I am eating breakfast while planning dinner, each my lunch while planning my afternoon banana bread snack with a side of vegetables or even worse excited to go to bed because that means I get to wake up and have a protein shake after my workout. It is crazy, but if I am thinking about healthy foods that is better than dreaming about an ice cream sunday, right?

I am know for sticking with the same few snacks: quest bars, cottage cheese with fruit, greek yogurt with fruit, rice cake and nut butter and a few more. But recently I have been trying to explore my options… For example, my kick butt banana bread recipe with vegetables. BOOM. My current favorite snack that provides fat and protein {banana bread} and carbs {bananas and veggies}. Makes me feel like I really have my life together.

I sat down and wrote down as many healthy snacks that I could think of. These are all GF or able to be.

  1. Apples with nut butter
  2. Berries and almonds
  3. Banana and nut butter
  4. Veggies and humus
  5. Rice cake and nut butter
  6. String cheese w fresh turkey
  7. Hard boiled egg
  8. Cucumber boat
  9. Greek plain yogurt with berries
  10. Celery w but butter
  11. Banana and PB
  12. Black bean salsa
  13. Sliced up tomato w light salt
  14. Cottage cheese & fresh fruit
  15. Apple with cheese
  16. Homemade granola with almond milk
  17. Frozen grapes
  18. Frozen blueberry yogurt bites
  19. PB banana chocolate ice cream
  20. Apple sauce w cinnamon (unsweetened)
  21. Chia pudding
  22. Pea chips & protein (cheese, turkey, etc)
  23. Strawberries and cream cheese
  24. Turkey lettuce wrap
  25. Cottage cheese, cinnamon & strawberries
  26. Quest bar
  27. String cheese & veggies
  28. Avocado pudding 
  29. Warmed bananas, honey and cinnamon 
  30. Fresh mozzarella and tomatoes
  31. Banana ice cream
  32. Avocado ice cream
  33. Raisins and nuts  
  34. Hard boiled egg
  35. Skinny pop
  36. Protein shake with almond milk, pb2 and banana
  37. Fresh fruit coconut Popsicle 
  38. Paleo chocolate chip cookies
  39. Blueberries frozen coated with yogurt  
  40. Homemade trail mix
  41. Dark chocolate
  42. Tuna and avocado
  43. Kale chips
  44. Paleo banana bread {I love to pair it with vegetables} 
  45. Protein oat balls 
  46. Raspberry ice cream bon bons 
  47. Zucchini pizza bites
  48. Fruit salad
  49. Lettuce wrap with Turkey, tomatoes & string cheese
  50. Veggies and homemade ranch



These are some of my favorites! All ‘healthy’ and most are easy snacks that you can pack in a lunch box.

Side notes-
Nuts I enjoy eating: almonds, walnuts, cashews, pecans, pistachios.
I try to have every snack include a protein, carb and fat – because that would be a balanced meal that keeps me full longer
I typically have 3 meals a day and two large snacks – eating around 1500-1900 calories daily.
Daily I have a kombucha with my afternoon snack, for information on how to brew kombucha click HERE 



{These snacks are what work for me. Everyone is different - I just want to share some of my favorites}

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment