Saturday, July 5, 2014

4th Of July Goodies

Yesterday I decided to make three ‘desserts’ for a 4th of July party I went to. I of course wanted them to be healthy so I ended up making two different kinds of gluten free cookies and a Greek yogurt treat.

Chocolate Chip Almond Cookies
1 cup almond meal or flour
Shake of salt
1/8 t. baking soda
3 T. melted coconut oil
2 T. honey
1 T. vanilla extract
Handful of chocolate chips {I did two CC per cookie because I’m OCD like that}

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Combine dry ingredients
Combine oil, honey and vanilla
Mix wet and dry ingredients together
Place cookies on cookie sheet
Bake 8 minutes

Makes 10 cookies

1 cookie = 123 calories, 10.7 grams of fat, 4.8 grams of sugar, 2.5 grams of protein
{On My Fitness Pal as Bailey CC Paleo Almond Cookies}

These cookies were absolutely FABULOUS. Like I may have had 6 in one day… They taste like a 7 layer bar between the chocolate, almond flour and coconut oil. Delicious.

 


Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
½ cup of honey
1/3-cup coconut oil
1/3 cup pumpkin puree {I used straight from pumpkins in the fall, if you used canned look for the only ingredients to be pumpkin}
1 egg
¾ cup coconut flour
1 t. baking side
A shake of salt
1 T cinnamon
A few handfuls of chocolate chips {I did 3 per a cookie}

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Mix wet ingredients (honey, pumpkin, eggs, oil)
Add dry ingredients together
Stir in chocolate chips
Bake 8 for minutes

Makes 15 cookies

1 cookie = 105 calories, 6.6 grams of fat, 9.5 grams of sugar, 1 gram of protein {on My Fitness Pal as Baileys Pumpkin cookies with CC}

These cookies were yummy straight out of the oven when they were warm. When they cooled down they started to crumble. The taste was still good I would just try to change something about the recipe to make them stay together better.
 


Greek Yogurt Bites
1 cup of Plain Greek Yogurt {I used two percent fat because fat is HEALTHY}
A few drops of liquid stevia
Berries

I coated mini muffin tins with coconut oil then placed in the freezer for 1 hour.

Made about 12

These tasted yummy when they sat out for a few minutes. When they were extremely frozen it was hard to eat.




I hope y’all had a great 4th of July!!!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment