Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Paleo Banana Bread

I was going to take today off from blogging but two AMAZING things happened.

  1. I made amazing banana bread yesterday and it was approved by my sister… So I had to share!
  2. I weighed myself and took some progress pictures. I feel good and I can see changes on the scale… FINALLY


Paleo Banana Bread

Ingredients:
3 ripe bananas
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 T. maple syrup {ORGANIC}
¼ cup coconut oil
2 cups almond meal
¼ tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda


Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Pulse bananas, eggs, vanilla, organic syrup, and liquid coconut oil
Pulse in flour, salt and baking soda until it is all blended nicely
Place into loaf pans {I did four small ones}
If doing 4 small pans bake for 40 minutes, 1 large pan bake for 50-55 minutes

Serves 8 -
308 calories, 24.2 grams of fat, 14.9 grams of carbs {4.1 fiber, 9.3 sugar}, 9 grams of protein
I often lack in the healthy fats department but this banana bread is FULL of healthy fats from the almond meal, eggs and coconut oil. If you make these tag me on Instagram @baileymckenziesff -- ENJOY! 



It is easy to think that you will never see the changes you want or more specially the number you are aiming for on the scale. I am really trying to focus on how I feel and focus on feeding my body with healthy and whole foods vs. losing weight. However, I haven't seen the 160's since fall of 2013, and to tell you the truth I have worked pretty darn hard, so I feel I deserve. I felt good today and I woke up at 4:30 am to proudly jump on the scale! I was so excited I of course had to take a picture :) Now I want to stay in the 160's vs. go back to the 170's… Next week I go to Country Jam which will be a lot of unhealthiness in 3 short days. My goal is to be 168 - 7/22 :)  


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment