Monday, July 28, 2014

Planning For Success



That quote is one of my favorites. I live by this quote weekly! I prepare my meals, my workouts, my water bottles, my snacks, my outfits, my sleep schedule and my social life a week in advance so I can succeed. Does it always go as planned? NOPE.

Either Friday or Saturday I take my planner out and look what I have on the schedule/my activities for the week. The next piece of paper is to plan my meals and snacks (not pictured, it was on my phone this week). Another sheet to plan what I need at the store.

I am a little extreme. Some people only plan their workouts and food. I like to take it an extra step so I can be prepared and use my special markers to write pretty words.

Let's break it down:
Activities for the week-
I look at my workouts. Am I going to double workout one day this week? What's the weather like for this week? How do I need to prepare for work? Do I have any dinner plans? Am I in town all week?
Then I write it all on a sheet of paper. I also write things I need to do for the week, pick up meds, get fitness insurance, get new shoes, returns, errands, etc.


I got this planning sheet for a gift, but I want to say it was from the dollar section at Target

Meal planning list -
What do I feel like eating? What do I have at my apartment/house already? What activities do I have this week {for example some weeks I eat out more than others}? What is on sale at the grocery store this week? Do I have time to make many meals? Can I make meals that are time consuming? Who am I cooking for - myself or multiple people?
Then I come up with my meals for Monday night through Friday lunch:
Chicken grilled for chicken salads
Cauliflower pizza
Fish grilled for fish with broccoli, asparagus and a side salad
Spaghetti squash
Turkey meat seasoned with a taco packet for salads, wraps, etc.
Lunches – leftovers or turkey, salads, easy stuff.
Snacks - almonds and berries, Cucumbers, celery, carrots and peppers, quest bars, Turkey lettuce wraps with tomatoes and cheese. Refer to my 50 HEALTHY SNACKS for more snack ideas. 
***Breakfast- everyday protein shake post early morning workout OR 2 eggs + 1 egg white and turkey bacon with fruit

These meals and snacks will put my calories around 1700-1900.


Grocery list-
Look at meal list and decide what I need in the house to makes those meals. Often it would look something like this:
Head of cauliflower
Shredded mozzarella cheese
Pepperoni {organic and healthier version of course}
Asparagus
Head of broccoli
Bag of lettuce
Spaghetti squash
Strawberries
Blackberries
Blueberries
Bag of organic carrots
Organic celery
Bell small peppers
Cucumbers
Pizza sauce
Spaghetti sauce
Chicken sausage
Sliced organic turkey
Chicken breasts

There are things I buy in bulk at Costco so I do not need to buy as often for example, nuts, buffalo sauce, greek yogurt.

(For a more complete list of some of my favorite Trader Joe’s finds, click HERE

Next I get my butt to the grocery store with every other Minnesotan Saturday or Sunday.

After I go to the grocery store I prepare! I grill chicken, cook up meat on the stove, cut up veggies, make cookies (healthy paleo cookies), etc. This week I have turkey bacon, 93/7 turkey meat, 99/1 turkey meat and not pictured is grass fed beef.
 


When I am finished I feel like a rock star because I have healthy food for the whole week I relax and get ready mentally for the week.


Anddddd because my fridge looks so pretty!





post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment