Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Something For Those Chocolate Lovers

I like food. A lot. I really like sugary foods. But because I try to keep my grams of sugar between 20-40 a day, so ice cream daily doesn’t really work.

Yesterday I was at Trader Joe’s and I saw some chocolate pudding. It looked so good and my famous saying is ‘if it is from Trader Joe’s it is healthy’. WRONG. So I picked this pudding up to see how many grams of sugar were in a serving. TWENTY SIX. I put it down and walked away like a sad puppy with my tail between my legs.

I got home and was determined to make my own pudding, with whatever was in the fridge. I found a few different recipes but none of the recipes fit exactly what I had. So I just did my own little science experience.

Chocolate Lovers Healthier Pudding:
½ avocado
¼  cup almond milk
1 T PB
1.5 T cocoa powder
1 t vanilla
1 stevia packet
tiny pinch of salt


Put all the ingredients in a food processer. It is best if it can go in the fridge 30 minutes or overnight. I topped with some whip cream because all deserts deserve a little whip cream.

Serves 1
 




**side note: this doesn’t taste like avocado at all. My dad despises avocados and he liked the pudding. If you want it more sugary add 2 packets of stevia**

No comments:

Post a Comment