Thursday, July 24, 2014

Marathon Talk

Have you ever thought you had a cool idea, did not really think about it, moved forward with it, then woke up and thought “what the hell?”

Pretty much sums up what I am thinking about for this marathon I am running in October. I had been thinking for a while I should just sign up because I am already in running shape from my half marathons in August. Ok totally true. Then I look at the training schedule and saw I only had to run twenty miles once. ONCE. Ok totally cool. Then I thought how cool it would be to run 3 half marathons, a triathlon, a duathlon, a 15K, a mud run, the color run, a marathon and more races all in one year. Yeah, I was thinking rock star status too. So pretty much these three things convinced me to sign up for a full.

Then I went to bed and could not sleep. I maybe slept for four hours because I was up thinking about the race ALL.NIGHT.LONG. I woke up to go workout and literally wanted to punch myself in the face. But the best part was when we did our warm up laps at boot camp I wanted to die. I hate short runs. Some crazy stuff.

I do not want to say I am regretting signing up for a marathon, I just should have thought about things more. Things like starting a running club, starting a new school in the fall, training kids multiple times a week 45 minutes away, volunteering with Healthy Hearts Happy Heads, homework and lets not forget my social life.

Thankfully I figured out my schedule for school and I have no classes on Fridays. So I plan to long run with Katie on Fridays and we will probably spend our weekends together with Catherine too. I am so glad these two girls are training also because we can all bitch about running 20 miles together.

I will post my training schedule in a few weeks after I get into it more. Currently M-Th I workout at 5:30 AM, Friday I have off, I long run Saturday or Sunday and the other day is either off or workout of choice. When I start training I will have short runs Tuesday and Sunday, long runs Friday, boot camp Wednesday, off Thursday, Saturday cross train. Most likely :) It may change!


Pretty sure there are three things I am most excited about: girls night at a hotel, the feast I will eat after the marathon and the shirt that says marathon finisher.



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment