Wednesday, April 23, 2014

W.O.W. {#24}

So this Tri I am doing in 10 days…. Yeah about that.

Training technically started last week. Day 1 of swimming I spent 2 hours trying to learn how to move my arms, breathe, kick my feet, not let my body sink, etc.
It was not fun. I pretty much was ready to fall down the stairs and accidently break a limb.



Then yesterday I decided I would bike and run after boot camp. For starters – boot camp is enough of a workout then I tried to put two more workouts on top of it. Not smart on my part. Next, leg day was Monday so my legs were screaming. And finally, it was so windy I swear a tornado was coming.
When I finally got to running after my bike ride my legs were so sore I started to doubt my abilities and myself. I cried a little. Then I saw my house and it felt like the race was coming to the end. I was giving myself a pep talk, looking at all my imaginary fans and I was oh so excited to be done.


Today was day 2 of swimming. I swam 750 meters. But I took breaks. Lots of them. I am so lucky my friend Courtney has a YMCA membership and is guest passing me! She is my savor.
I can already tell I am improving on my swimming. I am getting it all down and I no longer look like a drowning dog.



Anyway, this post for W.O.W. is for me to not only ramble but to show there are new things minus just running, boot camp, biking, weights, etc. Step out of your comfort zone! I don’t like to look dumb or like the newbie but I totally do with swimming.
I would have never tried swimming if it were not for this Tri!


If you want to start swimming I suggest youtube for how to swim (they have some great videos). It also helps if you know a swimmer and they are kind enough to bring you :)

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you and all you've accomplished with your swimming for this race! I can't wait to see how awesome you are when you're actually in race mode :)

    ReplyDelete