Wednesday, April 2, 2014

W.O.W. {#21} CHALLENGE TIME

Last week wrapped up the 12 week Boot Camp session, which means a few things:
We had our final weigh in
We had our final measurements done
We had our body fat % measured
We get this week off (sad)
Oh, and we had our ‘testing’ of pushups and plank hold. Just bringing me back to elementary, middle and high school.

Two weeks ago when she mentioned that we had our testing I wanted to throw up. I don’t know why I get so worked up about things like this, I mean it doesn’t REALLY matter. It’s just like weigh in Wednesday, it doesn’t really matter, weight is just a number.

So classic Bailey I started doing pushups and planks every night so I could do my best the day of the challenge. If there were a book that was called Exercise 101 For Dummy’s the first chapter would explain that you cannot train for a marathon in one week, you won’t be able to get fit in one week, and you definitely won’t be able to do 50 pushups after one week.

I need to find this book, read it and get some tips.

Anyway, we did our testing.  I felt like I did pretty good.

2:05 plank hold and 21 regular pushups.

Then I looked around me, these ladies who have had three babies and are 45 are out doing me. By out doing I mean 9 minute plank hold!!!!!! (This would also be in the Exercise 101 For Dummy’s – DON’T compare yourself to others)

Oh and by the way this 9-minute plank hold wasn’t even her best, she has done 12 minutes before!

I wanted to quit at 1 minute, but everyone else was still going and I wasn’t going to the be the youngest one there and the first one to quit.

I think seeing these ladies work so hard motivated me. Because I came home that Thursday and made myself this little schedule. I started in March on a Sunday because all healthy lifestyles need to start on Sunday, Monday or the 1st of the month (This is FALSE and would not be in Exercise 101 For Dummy’s).
 


So I started at 2:00 minute planks and by the end I will be at 3:10. I also started at 20 pushups and by the end I will be at 50! That is a huge difference, so we will see how that goes. If all goes well I will do this challenge in May!

Usually when I make goals or start a challenge I fail. I do good and then bammmm I forget to do it, I run out of time, I am lazy. But I wrote this on my bathroom mirror and we are on day FOUR and I haven’t quit yet. I have wanted to though.

2 comments:

  1. You can make it the whole month, I believe in you!! :) also, 9 minutes?!?! I didn't even know that was possible...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah 9 minutes! And her longest is 12 minutes. I just wanna make it to 5 :) ha!

      Delete