Thursday, April 10, 2014

Goals.. For Real Though

On Monday I said I would share some goals. Hourly, daily, weekly, long term, short term, life long. You get the point; I am going to dig deep into goals today.

What is a goal? Well according to dictionary.com a goal is “An observable and measurable end result having one or more objectives to be achieved within a more or less fixed timeframe.”

Fair enough. So in English: what most people do is set a goal, work their butt off until they achieve the goal, then give themselves a nice pat on the back.
What I do: I set goals so unreal, in such little timeframes, then I half ass it and never achieve the goal. I get upset when the ‘final date’ comes. Then I have a little pitty party for a table of one.

You too? Or am I hearing crickets?

I like to talk big. I like to think I can run a marathon in June. I like to think I can lose 40 pounds in 3 months. I like to think I will have rocking abs by the summer. I like to think that I can go gluten and dairy free, I mean how hard can it be? Fricken hard for anyone wondering.

Recently I have talked about changing the blog up, giving it a facelift. But I honestly feel I should work towards it? I don’t know.. I am torn. Here are my thoughts:
In May/June talk with someone about updating my blog and by June 1st have the new blog be done? If I do really well this next month (looking at May 8th) then I can reward myself with the new blog. Work hard does not necessarily mean lose 15 pounds. I want to work on my eating, I literally want to NAIL it, and make it perfect. I want to not hate myself over a DQ cone. I want to treat myself, but not too much. I want to exercise, get outdoors, enjoy the weather. But I also do have goals----

LONGTERM:
168 by June 1st (currently 176)
155 by September 1st
Run 1-2 more half marathons in 2014
Run full marathon in 2015
Feel confident with my body
Love myself for all my flaws, imperfections, curves
Become a CPT

SHORTERM:
1 short run weekly
1 longer run weekly
Stairs weekly
Water intake HIGH
Continue to eat veggies
Get enough carbs in. I am good at protein and fat I just don’t like the way bread makes my body feel. So I should work on the GOOD carbs.

Goals are hard. I don’t want to make my goals so easy that I will achieve them no problem. But I also don’t want them to be unachievable because that is not motivating!

I have so many exciting things this month and next month to look forward to and I cannot wait to see what happens. We will see how I do, I suck at commitment : )

What are YOUR goals? Run a 5K? Eat right? Get to the gym 3 days/week? Eat those veggies? Lose 10 pounds? Everyone has different goals and I would love to hear yours! If you want help setting a goal feel free to email me @ baileymckenzieblog@gmail.com




A quick little story to make you healthy eating people get a laugh. Last night my night class started, we were on break and a girl had a banana. Someone made the comment "bananas! Oh I love bananas". The girl responded, "oh I fucking hate bananas. I am just eating it because I have a double chin. I am trying this whole 'clean eating shit'." I literally burst out laughing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment