Wednesday, April 9, 2014

W.O.W. {#22}

 If you have been reading my blog for awhile you probably get that I try AM a runner. Not to brag but I did just run a half marathon without dying.

Have I always loved running? No.
Do I always love running while I am running? No.
Have I put my running shoes on ran down the street (literally 3 houses away) and turned around because I ‘just wasn’t feeling it’? You bet.
Do I complain about running? Yes.
Do I enjoy the run? Sometimes.
Do I enjoy the ‘me’ time? Yes.
Do I feel like a rock star after? You fricken bet.

I started to like running by forcing myself to like it, which sounds so bad; however, I signed up for a race and I knew I wanted to be successful and cross that finish line!

I am always trying to find ways to be a better runner, how to enjoy it more, how to get the most out of it, etc. So I always end up on the Internet, because that’s where you can find the most reliable, truthful, honest information EVER.

But I recently came across this article that has the title 101 Greatest Running Tips. I would read it if I were you, but if you aren’t into wasting you precious free time on reading about running like this weirdo is I am, I will tell you some of my favorite tips from the article:
Accept the challenge
Relax
Listen to your body
Be a ‘cross-eater’ (try one new food a week)
Have fun on  your easy runs
Don’t always watch the watch
Get over it (if you have a bad workout)
Be patient
Divide into three (run the first part with your head, the second part with your personality and the third part with your heart)
Train with someone (I am soo happy I have friends who also enjoy running)


These are a few of my favorites. If you have a minute read it!


No comments:

Post a Comment