Friday, April 11, 2014

Banana Oat Pancakes

Do you ever have a craving for pancakes? My family wanted to have pancakes for breakfast this past Sunday.

Challenge accepted. I was ready to find a healthier recipe for myself and any brave soldiers out there AKA my family.

The first recipe I tried was eggs and bananas. Fail. So I just started adding ingredients. I think they turned out pretty tasty! I topped the non-blueberry ones with honey or PB. So good!



Banana Oat Pancakes
2 eggs
2 medium bananas
½ cup oatmeal (uncooked)
1/8 cup unsweetened applesauce
Lots of cinnamon
Almond milk

Optional: blueberries, nuts, chocolate chips.
Topping ideas: pure maple syrup, PB, honey.

Blend oats until they have a flour texture.



 Mix everything else together in the blender. If it needs to be more runny add some almond milk. Place on griddle and cook each side. Add delicious toppings for extra flavor!



*Note: these are made from bananas, so it might look like they are uncooked on the inside; however, they are cooked on the inside they are just a little mushy*

Another thing to note I enjoyed these pancakes. My family thought they were OK. But I will say this, once you eat healthier foods more often things start to taste better. My family isn’t always eating healthy so that is why they prefer the packages pancake mix.


Let me know what you think if you try them!

No comments:

Post a Comment