Friday, April 18, 2014

Single Serving Chocolate Chip Cookie

I am human, I like LOVE dessert.

I try to stay away from unhealthy desserts. I try to make healthier versions of dessert. But most desserts taste better when they have butter, real sugar, chocolate chips, you know the good stuff.

Last weekend we were going to make a batch of cookies. But I (YES, ME) said no lets not. Having a whole batch of cookies in the house is never good. Every time I walk by them I grab 2, 3, 6, shove em in my pockets. Then repeat an hour later when I walk past them again.

Not good.

But there are times when I just REALLY, really want dessert. A warm cookie, dipping it in milk, letting the chocolate melt in your mouth. Insert Pinterest.

I found the original recipe HERE.  I switched a few things so here’s my way:


Single Serving Chocolate Cookie:
Ingredients-
  1 and 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
  1 and 1/2 tablespoon white sugar
  2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
  1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  1 large egg yolk
   4 tablespoons old-fashioned oats
  dash of salt
  3 tablespoons flour
  1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  1/4 teaspoon baking soda
   2 tablespoons chocolate chips

INSTRUCTIONS
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
2.  Combine the sugars, butter, vanilla, and egg yolk, in a small bowl.
3.    Mix together and then add the oats, salt, cinnamon, flour, baking powder baking soda, and chocolate chips.
4.   Make into balls on the cookie sheet.
5.  Bake 8 minutes for soft and chewy or 10-12 minutes for harder cookies.


I will say this: the cookies were delicious. I switched a few things up and had a good amount of cookies (see picture, maybe 6 cookies). I would make these in the future FOR SURE. Delicious. 


2 comments:

  1. Great idea girl! I am just like you, if the cookies are lying around, all day I will grab 1 or 2 here and there - it's not good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same reason I try to only keep healthy food in the house. Something I need to work on :)

      Delete