Sunday, May 4, 2014

Hey There

I’m alive. Life has just been crazy.
Finals are approaching, races are happening, sickness has come, the blogs getting updated (BIG SMILY FACE) and everything in between.



So these past two weekends I have gone to St. Bens/St. Johns, which is where Catherine goes to school. Both weekends were fantastic and made me wish I went there!
This past weekend was the Triathlon that Catherine, Katie, some other friends and I raced in. It was all of our first and probably my last. We were crapping our pants before the race. Catherine was having swimsuit problems, I was anxious about the swim and then there is peaceful Katie who kept reminding us to stay calm.
First we swam. It was hard, but I did my best and did not stop to take breaks, which I had in the past. I am also pretty sick so I had not worked out since Monday. My goggles did get foggy so I had to quickly fix them twice. I was last in my swimming heat but I did not care I was so ready to be done. The transitions are hard, people are slipping from all the water on the ground, it is impossible to get leggings on when you are wet, your socks do not cooperate and you are trying to find where to go. Fast forward to the 14 mile bike ride. I love biking, I thought I would kill the bike ride; however, it was so windy I had to look down at my legs at one point to make sure I was still moving them. When the bike was finished I started the run and my legs were screaming “Nope. No. just stop. This is not happening. We are checked out for the day.” They were DONE. But I obviously could not quit. I started running down the wrong path and the race lady had to run after me because my music was blasting. I felt bad but I was also really upset with the markings (it is what it is). Then I decided to take some sport beans mid-run. Dumb dumb dumb. I threw up in the woods. Oh did I mention this was a hilly, woody, muddy run? Probably not because I did not realize it would be this way until we started. So after I threw up some Gu, sports beans, protein bar, banana and almond butter I ran my booty to the finish line. Seeing the finish line is comparable to the excitement your heart has on Christmas morning. We finished, took some pictures then had a Mexican feast thanks to Catherine’s mom!






I am just getting over a nasty sore throat, ear infection and runny nose. Last week I was so busy and decided to take a break from blogging. I tried baking hard-boiled eggs in the oven and I will have a review on that. I don’t have any W.O.W. planned so shoot me an email if you have a request. baileymckenzieblog@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment