Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014: A Year of Learning

 In 2014 I learned so much.

I learned that I really can do anything I want. I set a goal to run a marathon and I fricken did it in under my goal time of 5 hours. Some days I cannot seem to run 2 miles but I fricken ran 26.2! AMAZING.

I learned who my friends are and who will be there when times get tough. When you need the support or the ear to complain into. To me it is not about having 100 pennies but rather it is about having 4 quarters.

I learned yet again my family is soo supportive, cheering me on at so many of my races this year. Amazing. It is not easy to track down a runner. My parents have given me the opportunity to live a healthy life and go to college at the same time. I am so grateful for this.

I learned that having a plan is great, but plans do change and that is ok. Sometimes just going with the flow is what is best.

I learned what does and does not work for my health. I learned tracking MACROS works for ME vs. tracking CALROIES.

I learned that working out earlier in the day works for me, because if I wait it does not get done.

I learned that it is ME vs. ME. It does me zero good to compete against others. In fact competing against someone is so exhausting mentally and physically. Everyone can handle this crazy world in a different way.

I learned that helping others achieve a healthy lifestyle is something I love. I am so blessed to have been training kids for the past 6+ months.

Man I learned so much about ME and I cannot wait to see what 2015 will bring

I am ending 2014 with my health in check and a roof over my head… Life is good.




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment