Monday, December 8, 2014

Have You Ever…

Have you ever.....

Gone to DQ and gotten two blizzards?
Eaten whole pizza after school?
Eaten three tortilla roll ups from T-bell?
Eaten a whole box of pizza rolls?
Eaten ice cream until you felt like puking?
Had a pop for breakfast because it got you started, gave you energy, and was quick and easy?
Made brownies then put them in your bedroom so you did not have to share?
Eaten a jar of frosting in one day?
Gone to McDonalds and gotten a double cheeseburger, chicken sandwich, fries, and caramel sundae? I mean it was all only a one dollar so that made it better, right?
Gotten fast food for dinner then gone home and eaten a second dinner?
Gone to subway pre hockey game getting a foot long, cookies, chips and chocolate milk? But I got milk! And ate at subway... Soo I guess it was healthy!
Eaten endless bowls of lucky charms, fruity pebbles or captain crunch?

Your answer is probably no. But these are all things I did in HS. I made some pretty unhealthy choices but never realized it until I sit here and type it out. It did not seem that wrong to me to do these things, but now looking back I don't know if I should cry of embarrassment or laugh at how much of a dummy I was. 

Either way, this was my life. I was a hockey player, I worked out at least 5 days a week, but how did I find myself at 215+ lbs? Where did I go wrong? Clearly the nutrition and the food I put in my body.

It is not easy to admit. I know I am not the only person in the world who had food issues. Heck, sometimes I still think I do have food issue. But what I know now is that I am working at making healthy changes and not eating a whole batch of brownie batter before I can even put the brownies in the oven.

I'm still working on balance. Not bingeing, trying to follow IIFYM {post to follow this week!} and when I really want something that's not the best for me -- HAVING IT! I don't want to deprive myself. Do I have chocolate cake daily? Um no. But when I want a fricken piece of cake you betcha I will have one. 

Exercise is one thing that will trigger weight loss. However if you do the elliptical for 2 hours; run 15 miles; lift the heaviest weights possible it will do you no good if you are no aware of the food you are putting into your body.  


I have found surrounding myself with people who have similar wishes to me is one way I succeed. This weekend I was around Catherine so it made it easier to make healthy decisions and then when I did eat out at Applebee’s I did not feel bad for eating fried food  (that girl always keeps me in check). Today I weighed in at 160.8 – OH.MY.GOD. I am so close to the 150s and when I do get there I will be waking up my cousin (roommate) so she can give me an effing high five!  

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment