Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Preparing For Fall


This is one of my favorite quotes! It is SO true. When you plan to succeed, you will succeed. I personally know when I have zero healthy food in my house I eat alllll the unhealthy, junky, crap. If I have vegetables, fruits, proteins, etc. then I am more likely to eat those!

School is starting next week and I am taking 20 credits. Yeah, it is going to be pretty stressful. Plus nannying, working at Trumi, weekend trips to CSB/SJU and man, I will be exhausted!
 

So I am preparing food as much as possible these next few days. Food that I can freeze like: protein pancakes, protein waffles, sloppy joes, taco meat, shredded chicken, etc. I will be doing a lot of frozen veggies because it is easiest. I am hoping I can get into a good routine! 

I absolutely love breakfast foods – so finding a waffle and pancake recipe that is packed with protein was a WIN!
Individually wrapped the waffles and pancakes and weighed
them before freezing them. 

Protein Waffles: Makes one large waffle or two small waffles
2 eggs
1/3 cup gluten free oatmeal
1/3 cup cottage cheese
1 scoop protein powder
1/2 t. baking powder
1 t. vanilla
cinnamon 
Put ingredients in a blender and blend. Then put all of the batter into a waffle iron. Enjoy!

Protein Pancakes (I posted this on Monday, too):
¾ c. egg whites
½ c. cottage cheese
½ c. oatmeal
2 T. coconut flour
½ t. vanilla
½ t. baking powder

put all ingredients in the blender – once blended cook on griddle or pan – when finished top with all your favorite toppings!
Strawberry chocolate pancakes
 with tru-whip, strawberries, chocolate sauce, and yogurt :)

Almond butter banana pancakes with bananas, tru-whip, almond butter,
and banana yogurt (this has been my favorite creation so far).


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment