Saturday, September 5, 2015

FOUR Weeks!

Here we are… FOUR weeks out from the marathon – I am really nervous because of a recent injury.

It is going to sound so silly, but I have two infected toes. Unfortunately the doctor says to let it naturally heal by not running on it for a few days. My last run was Thursday and I was mentally preparing for my 20-miler all week that was supposed to happen today.

Because of my toes I have to push my run to Wednesday (hopefully) and spend these next few days not putting a lot of pressure on my toes. It really stinks, because if I bump my toes they kill, if I wear tennis shoes they kill, and when I look at them I want to vomit (I lost both nails, but I also lost the ‘roots’ of the nail from under the skin).

In other news, I went to St. John’s/St. Ben’s this weekend because my 20-miler was cancelled. Catherine and I worked out Friday, we tried new moves and I LOVED them (new to me, she does them regularly). Kyle and I did dinner Friday with his friends and then I came home to spend time with my family. It was a quick trip but I am glad I went!

These next four weeks are going to FLY by and I need to take a few deep breaths and remember to enjoy the process.




Have a fabulous Holiday weekend!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment