Thursday, September 17, 2015

20 Miles

I am SO glad to have that behind me. It was not pretty. I started off with a great attitude, ready to kill my run. Katie was texting me and I was feeling great around mile 12. Around mile 12.5 I started to get some pain in my toe/foot/leg, I got super upset, but still tried to run.




I started the first 6 miles around a 10:24 pace! Then I got slower around mile 12, slowing down to 10:58. Not bad, I still would be happy with that! However, at the end, I had to walk the last 3 miles home. I eventually turned off Map My Run because I was getting sad that my pace was 13:56 (I could not find my watch).





Anyway, I fueled up with yummy food, an energy bar, liquids from the gas station and energy gels. Those for sure helped me!
Post run had me dead...

I still burned a ton of calories - this is always motivating 
Sweet tan lines!
My foot is still achy today but I plan to try to run again soon. I need to decide what my plan is for the marathon!  Tomorrow I will try to post goals and my new macro plan :)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment