Monday, August 31, 2015

FIVE Weeks + Protein Pancakes

FIVE weeks until TC Marathon --- brb when I go hide in a hole ;)

I am kidding, well sort of. I am nervous but after this week/weekend the hardest week of training will be in the complete (in my opinion). This week I am upping my mileage to see how this works for me. My game plan for the week:
Monday- 13 miles (complete!)
Tuesday- legs
Wednesday – 6 miles + upper body (only 30 short minutes)
Thursday – 9-10 miles
Friday – possibly 8 miles OR sprints + shoulders
Saturday – rest? If weather is nice then 20 miles
Sunday – rest or run, depending on Saturday.

If all goes as planned I will be logging about 48 – 57 miles, which will be a huge increase from my previous weeks. I am hoping by upping my mileage I will not be as icky feeling on my long runs.

Okay, enough marathon talk! I have an amazing
Protein Pancake recipe to share {I have shared them before and they are also under my “recipe” tab}.
Protein Pancakes:
¾ c. egg whites
½ c. cottage cheese
½ c. oatmeal
2 T. coconut flour
½ t. vanilla
½ t. baking powder

put all ingredients in the blender – once blended cook on griddle or pan – when finished top with all your favorite toppings!
What I love about this recipe is it is full of FIBER {coconut flour} and it is easy. This is one very large serving, or I usually make 5Xs this and then freeze them for a quick breakfast!




Today I had strawberries, tru-whip, a wee bit of chocolate syrup, and berry yogurt on top of my pancakes! Macros: 58c/10f/37p {14g fiber!}. It keeps my full for FIVE hours, which is unheard of ;) ha ha!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment