Tuesday, September 29, 2015

FIVE DAYS

FIVE days until Twin Cities Marathon! EKK. I am really excited but so nervous. Catherine and I got to workout this weekend together and we both are so nervous for this race. Not sure why, but we both just have some nerves. I believe it is TOTALLY normal and OK to have nerves. I remember a hockey coach told me years ago, “if you do not have any nerves, that means you are not thinking about this game enough. You are not invested if you have zero nerves.” Amen!

So five days out means everything needs to be on point this week, mainly carbs and water though. Ha ha!


But actually, my workouts need to push me but definitely not give me soreness. It is like a perfect balance that is really tricky to find! I have a 6-mile run tomorrow and one 3-mile run left, possibly two 3-mile runs, who knows! Every run this week is an easy pace, no PRs ;) I might do boot camp on Thursday without weights, but again, I really want to see how I feel Thursday.


I will try to post one more time before the marathon – if not, I will catch ya on the flip side friends!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck to you! I'm nervous too. Thanks for the like on IG.

    ReplyDelete