Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Spaghetti Squash Mac N' Cheese

I should be reading for class, but as I took my first bite of lunch I had a change in plans: blog the recipe of my meal, of course!



Spaghetti Squash Mac N’ Cheese:
1 spaghetti squash
1 cup cheddar cheese
½ cup mozzarella cheese
¾ cup milk (I used Fairlife for more protein)
1 T. flour
1 t. garlic salt
1 t. pepper
2 heads broccoli (optional)
bacon (optional)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut squash in half and take out the ‘insides’. Then bake the squash for 50 minutes. Take squash out and let it cool, once cooled, with a fork scoop it into a bowl. Next, heat milk on stovetop and whisk in flour. After milk is warm slowly add the cheeses until they are all melted, still whisking it. When the cheeses are creamy pour over the squash, add in pepper and garlic salt, and serve.

I will say two things: not all bacon is crappy for you. If you have good quality bacon it actually is not as high in fat AND it is a good source of protein (nitrate free, organic, etc.). Also, you probably have seen a lot of different recipes online for spaghetti squash mac n’ cheese. I didn’t have Parmesan cheese, goat cheese or flipping other fancy cheeses in my house. Therefore, I used regular cheeses that I always have in my house. You could fix the recipe up for the ingredients you have and I am sure it would still be yummy!

Macros on 200g of squash + two pieces of bacon + 100g broccoli =

19c/2f/22p


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment