Thursday, April 2, 2015

Healthier Dessert Options

Do you ever feel like you are sacrificing treats because you are trying to lose weight? I remember parts of my weight loss journey when I would try to give up sweets, not eat sugar, limit my ice cream intake, etc. It sucked. Like majorly. I have come to understand I will never be able to fully say goodbye to sweets, I just have to allow myself some flexibility. This is what has worked for ME, it may not work for everyone. Below are some of my go-to healthier desserts.

Fruit and whip cream
Granola and milk (use almond, coconut or cashew for lower calories)
Almond coconut cookies (recipe here
Yogurt fruit drops (recipe here
Chocolate chip banana ice cream (recipe here
GUM (Hollla!)
Pumpkin bars (recipe here
Chocolate chia pudding (recipe here
Cookie dough yogurt (recipe here
Banana with melted peanut butter
Fruit birthday cake
Cookie butter with rice cake
 Fair Life chocolate milk (heavenly!) 


Desserts I want to try:
Healthy peanut butter cookies (found on Katie's pinterest




The nice thing about IIFYM is I am able to eat dessert guilt free because it is flexible dieting; however, I still like to keep my desserts low-cal so I can enjoy other foods. Do you have any go-to desserts?



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment