Monday, January 12, 2015

A Running Vision

Bria, my sister, is planning to run her first half marathon in August of 2015. I am ‘gifting’ it to her and I will help her train. A family friend from years ago contacted me yesterday about fitness/healthy foods. We got talking and I told her about this half marathon – within 24 hours she and her two sisters signed up!!!!! AMAZING! I told Bria we cannot back out now

Then two other people contacted me yesterday and today. So I began to have a vision – a vision of a running group for this area. People of all ages, all stages in their fitness life, people who have 50 pounds to lose and people who are looking to maintain weight. We would be there to motivate each other and run a race together. Not just a 5K but a fricken half marathon – side note: Twin Cities Marathon training schedule lines up very well with this 

SO – if this is something that would interest you let me know. PLEASE!!!! I plan to make a training schedule and we would meet 2-3 times a week for runs (for sure once a weekend, early like 6:00 or 7:00 am and twice during the week). It would be a come when you want or when available. If you can’t make it that’s okay because this group will always be here for you.


I will for sure post more details as I think harder about this but I wanted to share because I am so excited! Literally my heart is so filled with joy right now. What is better than running with a group of people who motivate you to be the best you possible – FOR FREE!?!?!

The half marathon is the Gopher to Badger Half. Check out the website here - IT IS CHEAP PEOPLE!!!! I ran it in 2014 – read about that here

post signature

2 comments:

  1. I would love a group training run!! Side note...gopher to badger was my first race ever. It was about 4 years ago now. I ran the 5k, my time was slow but the race will always hold a special place in my heart :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome Kristi! It would be so great to run with you. Do you have an email so I can keep you up to date on things when plans start to unravel? Feel free to email me at baileymckenziesff@gmail.com

      Delete