Sunday, August 10, 2014

Half #2 - COMPLETE!

As I was running my half marathon yesterday I debated writing a long post. For my first half I went into detail here and here.

I was not sure if I should say much about my race, because it was fun and we (Catherine and I) did great, but 13.1 miles in my head is not as big of deal as it was in March.




FOR ME. Which makes me really sad. I wish I thought it was a big deal but once I signed up for my full, 13.1 miles seems like a breeze in the park.

And most of it was a breeze in the park. In fact there was not any part of the race where I felt like I was going to die, there were no parts where I wanted to vomit, there were no sore legs and I think I was smiling for most of it too.


That is something that made me feel proud. Maybe I am a runner? I can feel this good and happy while running a race, I must be doing something right.

Then I woke up today and was SORE, my back and legs are killing me. I feel like a 70 year old lady. Not cool.

But what I think made this race so fun was running with Catherine the wholeeeee time. And side note: she PR’d by like 9 minutes or something like that! WOHHHOO. Anyway, we were able to laugh about people together, run through random peoples sprinkles together, cheer each other on, etc. And I loved that. It was one of the first races where we started and finished together! I do not know if we will run the marathon together, but if we do I have confidence that we will have fun while running it.



Next race is in TWENTY days – Women Rock Half Marathon, hoping for a PR or less than 2:20 but I will take a finish because running in August heat is no joke!


post signature

1 comment:

  1. get it girl! you rock!! i'm sore just reading about it ;)

    ReplyDelete