Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Stepping Out of My Comfort Zone


 Today I did something REAL big – at least big for ME.

I literally went to Lifetime and owned the weight section. Usually I walk in there with my tail between my legs, nervous of my form, worried about the dude next to me is thinking. But I walked in with my chest out (ok, not really I do not have any boobs really and I am not actually cocky).

First I texted Catherine a picture of the squat rack to make sure I was going to do it right ;) Then I went and killed legs for 55 minutes and then I went to the treadmill where I sprinted up hill, ran backwards and ran sideways. The older guy next to me kept looking at me. I was wondering if I smelled, maybe my music was too loud, maybe my machine was louder than I thought. When I got off he watched me go get a towel to wash the treadmill down and when I came back he said, “wow! You really have a tough workout!” I smiled and said “thanks!”.

Then I drove all the way home jamming to music and feeling like a BAB (badass bitch – sorry mom, I had to)


I am just like everyone else. I have had to start from the beginning over and over again. Going to my first yoga class ever, figure out the moves and trying not to laugh. Going to a group fitness class where everyone seems so fit and lifts heavier weights than me. Running my first race, I was so nervous, I got their and compared myself to everyone around me - they were so fit and weighed way less than me. But I have overcome all these obstacles and do not have those nerves/worries/fears like I had in the beginning. Now it is my time to start from the beginning and work my way to the top with the Lifetime weight area. 

It is amazing what stepping out of your comfort zone can do for you. Currently my endorphins are through the roof and I am high on life.  Have you stepped out of your comfort zone this week?

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Bails I enjoy reading each and every one of your posts. You are very inspiring to others. :) Keep on stepping out Bails! Love you!

    ReplyDelete