Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Being Proud

Next week I am going to California with my family. I remember last year when I was packing to go to California.

It was about 11 months ago, I was feeling sooo down. I had gained about 36 pounds from my lowest weight in the summer, therefore none of my summer clothes fit. I had this plan from January 1st up until February 21st where I thought I would lose 36 pounds.

I was going to go with the eat 1200 calories a day and train for my half marathon. So basically burn double the calories I was put into my body. That is starvation, which got me nowhere except for feeling even more down about myself. 

I remember trying on swimsuits from the summer. I was so disgusted. Disappointed. Hurt. Ashamed. Man, I had so many different feelings and they were all NEGATIVE.

In California you cannot hide from shorts, tank tops or swimsuits. Ugh, the thought of a swimsuit made me want to cringe. I was only going with my dad so I would not have a girlfriend/my sister there with me (something about being with other girls makes me feel more comfortable in a bathing suit).

It sucked. Big time. I remember trying to get a suntan with my cover up still on and hiding under a towel.

I am saying this because the other day I came across these pictures I took of myself while packing – I was in a bikini in one. I was in shock! Not only did I look different physically but you can tell the pain in someone’s face when they are not happy. Eventually I hope I can share these pictures but right now I am not comfortable with that.


But I can promise you this: every time I put on my swimsuit in California this go around I will be proud. Proud of the work I have put in, proud of all my workouts, proud of how far I have come, proud of all the work I have done with my nutrition, proud of myself for completing a marathon, proud of myself for making the decision to move in the right direction. EVERY.SINGLE.DAY.

If you have not enter the giveaway to win this super cute tank do so HERE! Good luck.




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment