Friday, November 28, 2014

Protein Pancakes

My Thanksgiving break started a little rocky with the stomach flu. But hey on the bright side I tried on some size four pants and they fit, I may have done the happy dance and ran downstairs to show my mom approximately 15 outfits that fit last year when I was 149 pounds that I have not tried on since then – I was waiting to be in the 150’s again, but I was bored and felt thin (obviously, no food in body!) so I gave them a try. I get that I was a few pounds lighter because of not eating for 24 hours but it was motivation for me to stay on track over Thanksgiving, which did not happen. hahaha. I had all intentions then my grandma was forcing me to try pumpkin, pecan and apple crisp and you can never say no to grandma!

The day was great and I had a lot of yummy food. It was ONE day and I am not too worried. I did a little black Friday shopping and got a Nutri Bullet and new knives. I was pumped – but can tell I am getting old when this is what I want to shop for…

In other news I have an AMAZING pancake recipe that is packed with protein – and it is healthy. Winning. If you follow me on instagram I posted the recipe there last week.


Protein Pancakes:
¾ c. egg whites
½ c. cottage cheese
½ c. oatmeal
2 T. coconut flour
½ t. vanilla
½ t. baking powder

put in the blender - put on pan - devour

I topped mine with Lily’s  SF chocolate chips and syrup. So, so, so good!


It ends up being 5g fat, 42g carbs, 43g protein = 385 calories

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment