Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Feeling Rewarded


Boy oh boy working with kids can be very challenging. I have babysat for MANY years and I like to think I am a pretty good babysitter. So I thought training kids would be NBD.
 




Like I can handle two little brothers why not give me a group of nine girls and call it a night?


These girls challenge me daily, but they also make my heart dance.


Like seriously I leave my job everyday with a smile. Yes I get stressed when things do not go as planned because they run into the stairs and they cannot work their lower body at all (yes this actually happened, there was no mark but there was for sure some fake tears. Ha ha ha)!


Or when I get texts from one of the moms that read, "Ellie told me you told her avocados are healthy fats so she is having that for an appetizer when I am making dinner. I tell her all the time they are healthy but hearing it from YOU made her eat them." 


We happen to be a group of all girls, which is really fun. Today one of my Troopers told me that they are just going to call me ‘sis’ because they wish I were their sister <-- I wanted to cry.


The other week I had a mom email me that her daughter’s confidence is so high while she is at Troopers and after. She wishes her daughter could have that much fun at school and be around that many awesome girls.


Things like that make me feel like I am doing something right. And that is enough for me. I feel so rewarded every single day because of these girls.


They can do some pretty cool tricks too… Catherine and Katie I think they one upped us! We just got the triple plank down but now we have the do the square plank ;)




Sorry to have a sappy post but I am feeling #BLESSED and #THANKFUL 


post signature

2 comments:

  1. Haha I can't believe they out did us! Now we need to find more friends (or get the guys) to help us :)

    ReplyDelete