Monday, November 4, 2013

Weekend Recap {I Survived My 10K}


This weekend Lauren and I ran our first 10k. I wish I could say it was fabulous, I felt on top of the world, we did amazing, blah blah blah. But to get down to the nitty gritty it kind of sucked.

When we first signed up we were all game, and I mean we were in it to win it. We would run multiple times a week and at one point we got in a run that was over 6  miles. Then it all went down hill…. We became busy lazy. I can speak for myself but I am certain Lauren would agree too. We didn’t really train or run much at all throughout the month of October. We were banking on the whole “oh we ran 6 miles once we can do it again.” Well a few extra added pounds later, some donuts in my belly, and no training we were up bright and early headed out the door for the race.

When we got there people were dressed all cute and we were just wearing our shirts. Problem #1. Next year we will get a team and dress cute, not wear our ugly poop orange colored shirts.



Unfortunately Lauren and I were the only two who went so we didn't get many pictures at all.... Sad day. 

So we ran the race and got our donuts (ok they were the best donutSSSS ever, yes we had more than one). We finished around 1:06. Which hey, it’s not terrible but I know if we would’ve continued training we could’ve done MUCH better. So that's what is disappointing to me.

In a little over 3 weeks I have another 10K. So from here I can only improve, I am going to run, I am going to try a little harder, get off my booty and get in running shape. I am getting so excited to run this race with my girls (Catherine & Katie) and to see them in general, it has been too long.

The rest of the day/weekend we just chilled and were lazy. We are both super sore still but we managed to get in a 2 mile or so run yesterday, which was to run off the pain.

I am going to make this week my healthiest week yet at college. I am going to stay strong. If you need support this week let me know, I will help you and you can help me!

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment