Saturday, August 1, 2015

Vacation Bliss

I posted something a few hours ago on my Instagram and I wanted to share it here too for people who may not see my Instagram. 

The last ten days I have been on vacation in Breckenridge, CO with my moms family. I have been able to try a lot of different activities like white water rafting (bucket list item), alpine sliding, zip lining, mountain biking, hiking different trails, and card tournaments with my family. All of these were truly amazing and I am so lucky to have tried them. What makes it even more special is I got to do it with my grandparents who are getting older. Hours after we got home from zip lining with my grandpa, he had a scary accident on the steps, which resulted in his quad being torn. He had to leave the trip early to go home for surgery. Prayers for a speedy recovery gramps! 







I also got to try lots of different foods in Breckenridge. A few donuts shops, an amazing cookie shop, ice cream stores, pizza, burgers (organic & grassfed!!!!), and so much more. I'm feeling sluggish now but I know in a few days I will be back to my routines. This week I also have a half marathon - I'm obviously nervous because my training went downhill while on vacation (elevation was 11,900 feet). It's just a race and I know I can finish! 



Like my post said, in five years I won't remember my s'mores cookie, gaining some vacation weight or skipping a workout. But what I will remember are all the memories I made with my family. Some days I was up until midnight so I did not feel like waking up early to workout or didn't want to workout later in the day and miss out on family time. Family is everything and fun times with family is going to be put before my exercise while on vacation :) oh, and always say yes to trying new foods. 

Cheers to living a balanced life my friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment