Monday, August 10, 2015

Sloppy Joe's

Coming back from vacation to a house with no food was real rough. I ran to Trader Joe's as fast as my car would take me to get some yummy foods. 

Last Sunday I did not feel like making anything to eat so I waited until Monday to prep. I tried the BEST and easiest Sloppy Joe recipe ever, from our old neighbor Darlene.


1 lb meat (I used TJ's lean beef - it's grass fed and organic)
1 onion 
1/2 cup of ketchup (I used Heinz reduced sugar)
1 tablespoon of mustard 
1/2 tablespoon vinegar
1/4 teaspoon of brown sugar (TJ's organic!)

Cook meat and onion in pan, add all other ingredients and let it simmer for five minutes on low, turn off burner but leave Sloppy Joe’s on for another fifteen minutes. 

I made 3 lbs. and froze half of it last week for my lunches this week!

My favorite way to eat it is straight from a bowl with a fork and a side of pickles :)

Macros:
200g = 10f/3c/39p (200 grams is a HUGE serving) 

And.. Always make sure to label your food "healthy" because your family will probably stay away from it ;)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment