Saturday, August 8, 2015

Race Day - 13.1


What a wonderful race today! I got to see some pretty fun people and they all did fabulous crushing their run. It makes my heart happy to see other people happy because of exercising. Surrounding myself with upbeat, positive people who are also a supporter to others has been such a great change to my life. 


I was going into the race feeling blah. A little nervous, unmotivated, unsure of my time, etc.  I'll admit I started my summer off with some great runs and then it slowly went downhill. I could sit here and make excuses like I was on vacation, school got busy, etc. but instead I'm owning it and moving forward. 


I needed this race today to remind me that I am able to accomplish anything I want. Before today I was debating backing out of the marathon because I just do not enjoy running as much. But after a PR there is no turning back ;) So I planned out some long runs and I'm going to put my big girl pants on and fricken finish the dang marathon! 


Today I am proud. A new PR of 2:15 and a pace of 10:16! Woot woot. 


26.2 round 2 you better be ready for me! 




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment