Wednesday, August 19, 2015

No Patience


I was recently reminded I do not have a lot of patience ;) A few months ago my mom’s cousin passed away and she had a lot of nice furniture that was going to go to Goodwill. I just had moved out of my apartment and had a few different bedroom sets coming together, which bothered me a little. So then when I saw this nice furniture I decided I would paint it and give my other sets to some of my young cousins.

I got SO busy with school and work that this bedroom set sat in the dining room for nearly a month – my dad was not happy, ha!





Well, eventually I got to sanding it, painting it and re-sanding (making it look rustic).  I went with navy for my bed and night stand and then cream for the dressers/desk. I am sticking with coral/mustard (yellow-ish colors) throughout my room for decorations. I am SUPER happy with how it looks and I cannot wait to hang the final wall pieces so I can see it all come together.





It was my first major project and there are for sure mistakes. I plan to keep this set for awhile, probably until I can afford a nice new set when I have a big girl job! Haha.


Everything is better when this guy is snuggling in my bed. Little stinker knows he is not supposed to be there.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment