Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Almond Joy Protein Balls

About a month ago my family met with a nutritional therapist. She not only talked with us about eating healthier and making changes that will help our bodies feel better, but she also shared with us some awesome recipes.

I have been wanting to try these Almond Joy Protein Balls – I FINALLY got to it yesterday, and today I am going to triple the batch and freeze them for lunches.



Ingredients:
2 tablespoons almond butter
1 cup chocolate protein powder (I used Isagenix)
¼ cup cocao powder 
1 tablespoon stevia
1 tablespoon almond or coconut milk (add a few drops more if needed to form balls)
1/4 teaspoon almond extract (I did not have any so left it out - but I bought some today!)
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons coconut oil
5 tablespoons maple syrup
½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes and more for coating (I used ½ cup total and put half inside and used the other half for coating)
Directions:
Mix all ingredients together and form into 1 inch balls. Coat with coconut flakes and refrigerate.

3 balls were 15f/22c/12p – not bad!!

Marlaine, from Culinary Fix has some more awesome recipes that I hope to try in the near future. If you try any of her recipes or these protein balls let me know :)

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Yum these protein balls look delicious. My kids really love them and we bought so many today at our local farmers markets that I am trying to find some good recipes. Will try this one out it looks great. Thank you

    ReplyDelete