Sunday, May 17, 2015

Unexpected Fun

Cheesy title I know. But this weekend turned out to be pretty fun.

Friday Katie and  I went to a workout called November Project. It's free and meets MWF in Minneapolis! Catherine has been going too when she doesn't work, and it is so fun. I love me some free group fitness.
Friday afternoon Kyle and I were supposed to skydive, and then see his grandma and have a nice dinner in Stillwater. Due to weather we were not able to skydive, and we had to reschedule for next weekend. We still had some fun and got Nelsons ice cream, and I showed him the Stillwater Stairs.
Friday night we met up with our friends from the U of M and had some fun! Then everyone went to the bars, and we went home. One week until Kyle is 21 and one month until I am 21. Man, we are the babies, and it's getting old.




Saturday we went to breakfast and just relaxed. I wanted to take a rest day to prepare for the duathlon.
Later in the day Bria and I went shopping. I needed a few 'go out' shirts, I love all my clothes, but I have been told I have "mom style" or "meet your boyfriends family clothes". If I could just wear workout clothes 24/7 everything would be solved.
Saturday night we decided to attend a wedding last minute. And by last minute I mean I was in bed at 7:30 PM with my hair in a bun and my makeup from Friday night still on my face. I shaved my legs, put a few curls in my hair, put some mascara on and we were to the wedding in less than 30 minutes.







Sunday was race day! It was my first race of the season, and I PR'd and beat my goal time by 15 minutes! I was hoping for under 1:45 but I ended up getting 1:29:29. I was happy because with the weather conditions and hills I was expecting the worst. I don't always feel proud or happy with results but when I do it  feels good to push myself and feel proud.
I am finishing the weekend by catching up with Ashley (Katie's twin) and Katie. I have not seen Ashley in a while so I am excited!! 







I have one more final presentation this week, and then I will be able to breathe again... Slow down and re-think of some goals! Have a fabulous week, friends.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment