Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Running Faster

In October after my first marathon I started really focusing on sprinting and interval training. I switch it up all the time, sometimes .30 seconds on .30 seconds off, sometimes 3 minutes on 1 minute off, sometimes hills or sometimes flat, sometimes 10 speed and sometimes 8 speed. I really started to get into a routine and enjoying the treadmill because it was something new.

I continued training on the treadmill throughout the winter and felt really strong this spring when I began to start running outside. Lately I have been pushing myself harder than ever and it feels really good.

Last summer I was running 11-12 minute miles, sometimes even 13 minute miles when it was long distances. This summer I am running 9-10:30 miles! It is amazing what some hard work can do.

Yesterday Katie and I ran the fastest mile of our lives (well of my life at least, she has always been a speedy runner ha ha!). We ran 1 mile in 8:14! I felt like I was going to vomit, but also felt amazing. We have a goal this summer to run 2-3 miles in under an 8:30 pace.

I love pushing myself to see what I am capable of. Whether it is it in the gym, on the pavement or in the classroom. 


After we ran we made this super yummy Pad Thai dish with Ashley! I would for sure make it again :)



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment