Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Stairs Anyone?

Last Friday something pretty neat happened... I crushed a summer goal before summer officially started for me. I hate to toot my own horn but I was really proud of myself.


I did 20 sets of stairs in 57:29! My goal for the end of the summer was 20 sets under 1:00. I had to do some planning:
Every three sets take a water break
No stopping at the top or bottom unless it is water break time
No sprinting, instead go one steady pace
Music - blast it
Aim for 2 minutes up, 1 minute down
On the way down go fast



Then I did two 'cool down' sets and during my cool down I tried some new moves. Sometimes I have the kids I train do these same moves {see video below from two of my Trumates}! It is funny because those kiddos love the stairs!

Do each move for two minutes 2 minutes - rest in between moves & in between sets. Do 5 sets total!
Jump squats
Sideways lunge jumps
Lunges (every other step)
Calf raises (this is a 'break' but still burns)
Sprint





Take a selfie and feel good about yourself! Doing stairs for a workout is no easy task and you just rocked it!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment