Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Fitness is NOT my Life

Yeah, you read it right. Fitness is NOT my life; however, it is a PART of my life. It feels so good to be in a place of happiness. Not drowning myself in exercise so I can achieve a certain look.

Yesterday I was at the gym when my mom called and said we had to put our dog down in one hour. I knew we were going to put Zoe down but I did not expect it to be so early in the day. I had just my five minute warm up and I stopped the treadmill and left. Part of me felt like an idiot passing the front desk, because seven minutes ago I just ‘checked in’.

If this would have happen a year or two ago I would have been so upset. Having to leave in the middle of my workout and having two rest days in a row. I would have gone back to the gym later in the day because I would not allow myself to skip a workout. But today, I am OK with missing a workout. It sounds kind of funny but it feels good to be free.

Working out is amazing, it helps me feel good and be happy. But family comes first. Snuggles with my dog who is dying comes before a workout any day in my book.


Later in the night I decided to go on a run and sit by the Mississippi River and remember all of the great memories with Zoe. She was an amazing doggy who lived a long 13 years. I will always cherish our early morning snuggles and car rides together. Rest in peace Zoe!



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment