Monday, September 22, 2014

Describing Life Through Art

I had to describe my life through art for a class I am in.

Immediately I was upset because I stink at art. And when I say stink, what I really mean is I know how to draw stick people and color in the lines but that’s about as good as I get.

What was even more frustrating was the supplies. It was $26.47 for paint, a canvas and a brush. What.

I came home and was dreading starting my project. I then said to myself that I have two options: suck it up or keep being negative.

I chose to suck it up, complete the project and be glad it was over.

Honestly, I am pretty happy with how it turned out! And it actually does a good job at explaining my life. It is titled “The Chaotic Life” and each color on the canvas is a different part of my life. I included my family/friends, fitness/running, school, work, health and life itself.

It is so simple. Yet can say so much at the same time.


When I was writing my paper explaining my work, I kept saying that everything seems to be thrown at me at once. Life gets chaotic, life gets stressful, there comes a point when you just want to curl up in bed and cry from stress. But at the end of the day, life is so beautiful and I have it pretty darn good.

If you were asked to create a painting of your life, what would it look like?

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment