Monday, September 29, 2014

Dancing Heart

This past weekend something big that I have been dreaming about for over 3 months finally happened….





My Troopers ran their first 5K!


I remember talking to my friends about how to start something to get kids running. Do I start my very own thing? Go through the studio I work for now? How do I do it?



Well I decided to go through Trumi, which was a fabulous decision. The kids are already asking for another race which I LOVE.


What just makes my heart so happy is looking back to 8 weeks ago (it was an 8 week training program). I kid you not these kids were struggling to run for 10 minutes. I definitely was thinking to myself, “oh shit what did I get myself in to?”


But as the weeks went on and we built up mileage/time it seemed to get easier. They were smiling while running. They did not want to do sprints; they just wanted to ‘long run’.




We never trained over 2.4 miles so I was a little nervous to see what 3.1 would be like. But DANNNNGGG they were on fire. There were a few different pace groups, the first group of us finished in 32:13 --- like seriously I am amazed. That is around a 10:30 pace… AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING. These kids ranged from 5 to 10 year old.



Their smiles were priceless. I am so so so proud of them!




Catherine was able to do the race and help out -- along with a few other helpers -- THANK YOU!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment