Friday, June 27, 2014

HSTDI, BTSAM, DIY… All The Same

HSTDI…. Hire Someone To Do It. BTSAM….Buy The Shit Already Made.

I decided to try something new and try doing the projects myself. You know the famous DIY…. Do It Yourself.


I recently got an apartment and being that ‘poor college student’ who spends millions on fitness clothes and healthy eating I wanted to save some money. So I bought some items from garage sales and re-did them to match my coral/mustard/white/gray themed room.

So here we go - all the junk I jazzed up to fit my taste!

Window shutter turned jewelry holder {eventually it will hang on the wall or stand next to a mirror}
I sanded the whole piece that was originally green/blue and spray painted it mustard color.




'B' for my first name, obviously ;) 
I painted it gray with spray paint…. EASY!




White picture framed spray painted gray! I love this piece. I am thinking I am going to do a collage of race pictures or a picture with a few friends doing some running… Who knows!



This was once a mirror frame that sat on a dresser. I bought it from a garage sale without the mirror and I chopped the legs off sanded the shiz out of it and then painted it gray. I distressed the coat rack and added some cute nobs that I got at Menards. 



The final piece was my sisters night stand. She did this {I take NO credit} and I fricken love it. I wish I was as crafty as her. 





Do you enjoy to DIY? HSTDI? BTSAM?


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment