Thursday, February 20, 2014

Mexican Turkey Burger

I like to keep things simple. AKA why this blog is called Simple. Fit. Fun.

But I also need to eat and I have realized if I want to eat healthy I need to make my own food.

Usually I rotate through the same 4 meals: broccoli slaw spaghetti, spaghetti squash, tuna wraps or the amazing egg overload (3 eggs + 2 T egg whites + a shiz ton of veggies).

But then I find this spark in me to try something new. And this weekend I tried ‘Mexican Turkey Burgers’

Ok honestly, a turkey burger that I made Mexican with the fixings.

How I made it:

  • 12 oz turkey burger meat
  • 1 onion, I used white
  • Then a shake of salt, pepper. Onion powder, garlic salt, chili powder 



Mix all ingredients together and then form into THREE large patties. Cook on grill.

If you want to make it Mexican like I did you will need:
  • Guacamole
  • Salsa
  • Grilled peppers
  • Black beans

This recipe is totally made up. I had no idea how to make a turkey burger so I just threw some seasonings together – and it turned out Delicious!

Now for some not so exciting news..

Tomorrow (Friday) was supposed to be more long run (TWELVE MILES). But I have a double ear infection, sore throat and sinus infection, fun stuff, huh?

So I decided tonight I will not be running this. I am going to try to my hardest to kick this sickness out of me by 4:00 AM Saturday when I board my plane to California.

In California I hope to get in a few shorter runs. If I feel like I can do a 10, 11, or 12 mile run I am going to do it. But thankfully I jumped ahead in the training so missing this week won’t kill me.

When I am in California I will try to send some posts from my phone but honestly who knows if I will be able to figure it out ;)


If not I will be back in March party people!

1 comment:

  1. Great detailed information, I ll be visiting you more frequently, here is very interesting information.

    Shoulder Injury CT & Knee Injury CT

    ReplyDelete