Friday, February 7, 2014

10 Miles Of Death

I am in Moorhead this weekend for the JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE concert (YAY) and you know to see my lovely Concordia friends! I am super excited. I came last night (Thursday) and will go home Sunday.

This weekend is my 10 miler for my half training. I knew it wouldn’t be happening Sunday for numerous reasons and I knew I would be out late Saturday so my only option was today.

So I woke up at 5:50 (it felt good to sleep in ;)) and got my butt to the gym with my friend Lauren.

All I can say is it was a hard run. I was excited and motivated going into it, but I have this fear/I’m super self conscious of running on a treadmill in public.

The first few miles, ehh they were ok. Then mile 5-6 sucked. The treadmill stopped at 60:00 minutes, frustrating!
 
First 6 miles
 I knew after I restarted in I was 60% done, I only had 4 miles left, I can easily do 4 miles, I could do it, I told my brain to STFU and just told my body to RUN.

Final 4 miles
  

I think it was my slowest run ever. BUT….

I finished. I am happy I finished. I burned calories. I got err done.

Super blurry - but it says 1431 calories burned.
Pizza anyone? (JOKING)
 Next week: 11 miles! I pray I can get in shorter outdoor runs this week… Please weather be at least 18 degrees!

Next week I hope to share some fun pictures/memories from this weekend, a typical day of eating for me, and some races I am signing/signed up for!


Have a fabulous weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment