Monday, February 17, 2014

Chocolate Cake. Sanity. Runs.

This cake has been staring me in the eyes since FRIDAY night. Every time I open the fridge I think I drool a little more. I have not yet had a bite. But it does look delicious!!!


This week is about to test my sanity.

I am working lots and have class, but on top of that I go on vacation next week (YAY) and need to prepare to miss a full week of the real world.

I have a few goals this week:
  • Workouts

  1. Monday: Cycle/ legs
  2. Tuesday: Boot camp
  3. Wednesday: Boot camp & a 4 mile run
  4. Thursday: Boot camp
  5. Friday: LONG RUN. 12 miler.

  • Drink LOTS of water. If I feel like eating when I know I am not hungry, try taking a deep breath and drink 8 oz water.
  • Lights out by 9:00 PM. (Ok you can judge, but remember I wake up at 4:45..)
  • Pack for vacation… This will obviously happen, I just need to be smart about what I pack!
  • Spend 2 minutes when I wake up and 2 minutes before bed deep breathing
  • Reflect on all the things I am thankful for, for 5 minutes each day


Usually I would have something along the lines of eat my fruits and veggies. But I am proud to report that I have been nailing my 8-10 servings of veggies and my 2 servings of fruit daily! BOOM.

Now lets talk about this past weekend/Sunday! I woke up and ran ELEVEN (11) miles! On the treadmill. This was my hardest run, but if you feel like I say that every week, it’s probably true because they just keep getting longer :)

I learned that my treadmill starts over at 100 minutes. Ugh. That’s the stuff that I just get frustrated at while running. I was in pain. I was doubting myself the whole run. But I finished.


Then I got to meet up with Catherine and Katie! We did some shopping and OH MY were the deals awesome at the Albertville Outlets. It’s always awesome to catch up with these ladies! They hold me accountable and make me want to achieve my goals!

Do you have goals for this week?


Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment