Wednesday, February 19, 2014

W.O.W. {#16} + My Fav Protein Shake

“Tabata” is the name of a particular type of workout program that provides similar health benefits to that of cardio workouts, but Tabata has a bit more spice. Instead of hours upon hours or exercise, Tabata can be completed in 4 minutes. Tabata falls under the category of high intensity training or high intensity interval training. Today I write to explain to you the history of Tabata and exactly what it is.

Read more HERE 

(PS I stole that first paragraph from here so read more!!)


So can you geuss what the workout will be this week?

Hello TABATA!

Love/ hate relationship. Lets get right to the exercising and quit the complaining:

Burpees/squat mix for 4 minutes (Do ONE burpee, come up, do ONE squat, do ONE burpee, etc. for 45 seconds, then hold a squat for 15 seconds, then do the combo for 45 more seconds, you feel me?)
Mountain climbers for 4 minutes (stop every 45 seconds for a SHORT childs pose, then get right back into climbing!)
Skaters for 4 minutes (stop every 45 seconds to hold for 15 seconds in low position)
Shuffle/ in place running mix for 4 minutes (for ONE minute do a shuffle, ONE minute run in place, etc. NO BREAKS)
Squat jump/ jumping jack mix for 4 minutes (30 seconds squat jump, 30 second jumping jack, 30 second squat jump, etc.)

In between each sets get some water and rest for ONE minute (or however long you need!)

This is a fun one!




For the first time in awhile the scale is moving in the right direction!! TOP DOG AT BOOT CAMP. Aka- I lost the most weight… It made my day getting this weekly email (this was for LAST week however we weighed in today too and lost .5! Little but something to be proud of)

And of course - you always need to get some protein in post workout! This is my favorite!!! Literally this is what gets me through my workout knowing I get a protein shake Sad life!

2 T. PB for more calories or PB2 if you are looking to reduce calories
1 T. cocoa powder
your favorite protein powder - I use Isagenix.
1 piece of your favorite chocolate! Mine is Isagenix (it's even healthy ;))!


6 comments:

  1. Useful information like this one must be kept and maintained so I will put this one on my bookmark list! Thanks for this wonderful post and hoping to post more of this!

    wholesale ejuice & stop smoking

    ReplyDelete
  2. Articles and content in this section of the website are really amazing. Great ideas indeed! I will surely keep this in my mind!

    Work Injury Therapy CT & Foot Physical Therapy CT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for another great article. Where else could anyone get that kind of information in such a perfect way of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I am on the look for such information.

    Bioidentical Hormone replacement therapy training

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked the content on this site. Would like to visit again.

    Trocar kits

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and very broad for me. I am looking forward for your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!

    weight loss drinks, green tea fat burner & cleanse diet

    ReplyDelete