Wednesday, May 14, 2014

W.O.W. {#26}

Happy Hump Day!

This past Saturday I kicked my own butt in the gym. This does not happen often so when it does I feel like a rock star al day long.

Usually when I am planning my workouts I think about what I want to do – I try to throw in a little cardio and then I pick what muscles I want to work. Some people stick to back, chest, arms, legs, etc. I have not gotten there yet so I either chose upper or lower body. Saturday I chose UPPER body.

I knew I wanted to do sprints for my cardio so then all I had to think of is what upper body workouts I wanted to do. I thought long and hard (for about 30 seconds) then I wrote down my plan. I literally bring this notebook into the workout room so I know exactly what I am going to do.



So you can read it better this is what I did:
10 minutes of sprints – 9 speed 30 seconds on 15 seconds off. (I just put my legs on the side of the treadmill)
10 bicep curls
10 bench presses
10 lat pull downs
10 shoulder presses
10 dips
*Repeat arm movements 2 additional times
** I used 2 15-pound dumbbells.
10 minutes of sprints – 9 speed 30 seconds on 15 seconds off
Pushup set… 1 pushup, 2 pushups, 3 pushups…10 pushups.
10 dips
1-minute plank
30 second left side plank
1-minute plank
30-second right side plank
*Do not rest in between planks


I finished this workout in 39 minutes. I was literally going to puke on the treadmill. My arms were sore until Tuesday… Which goes to show you do not need to work out for 2 hours in order to get a good workout in. Or I am just weak. But either way try this workout and let me know what you think!

 And what is my motivation this week? This picture. This was June 2012. My arms and my chubby little face make me want to go on a 10 mile run.



No comments:

Post a Comment