Thursday, May 8, 2014

Eggs In The Oven

Every time I need to boil eggs for the week I call my mom and the conversation goes something like this:
“Hey mom I am trying to make eggs, is it 30 minutes in boiling water? Boil the water then sit for 30 minutes? Put the eggs in when the water is still cold? How long do they sit in there? I am confused mom."
Then she tells me. I would tell you what she tells me, but I honestly cannot remember. (I am pretty sure I have short-term memory loss ;))

The other weekend when I wanted to make eggs I tried the oven method.

EASY!



Set oven to 325 degrees.
Place eggs in muffin tin.
Cook 30 minutes for large eggs or 32 for X Large eggs.
Put eggs in an ice bath for 10 minutes.
Peel eggs when you are ready to eat.


It did work well to do it this way; however, I will say when you boil your eggs in the water they seem to peel a lot more nicely. I also buy eggs straight from a farmer and I have heard fresh eggs are terribly hard to peel. Honestly sometimes I feel like I waste half the egg! But they are so cheap from the farmer I am not worried.





No comments:

Post a Comment