Thursday, December 31, 2015

Highlights of 2015

As I was sitting in the bathtub this morning after a chilly workout outside I decided I wanted to look back at my year. 2015, man what a year. I learned a lot, I grew as a person mentally and physically, I faced difficult challenges in life, I made mistakes, but most importantly I accomplished many things that I am proud of.

Some highlights from 2015....
I was able to hike with my dad in Palm Springs, CA. He is in his 50s but dang he still can do it all.


I fricken jumped out of an airplane! Skydiving has been on my bucket list forever and it was the most thrilling experience. I can't wait to do it again this summer!!

Kyle and I got to go to Milwaukee to celebrate my birthday. We also saw a Twins game and did other tourist things.

Speaking of birthdays... I turned 21! Not that exciting, I mean I can legally drink alcohol but I also found alcohol isn't really that great and dang it's expensive. I rather spend my money on cookies and donuts.

I took on the color run for the third year with my lovely family! What a fun tradition we have started.

Katie and I are officially Tough Mudders. The Tough Mudder was one the most fun, challenging and thrilling races. I am already looking forward to TM 2016!



This sweet boy joined our family. He is the most lovable, alway wanna-be-in-your-face, handsome boy around!

My moms whole family traveled to Breckenridge, CO for the trip of a lifetime! I got to check another item off my bucket list... White Water Rafting!

A few weeks post CO I ran a half marathon and PR'd. I have learned that even when you think you can't, you can.

In early October Catherine, Katie and I took on marathon #2! Another PR and many tears. Marathons are something special, filled with lots of emotions. There are moments where you want to quit and die, moments you are completely on fire and feeling awesome, and there is the rush your body feels when you cross the finish line. I could not call myself a marathoner without the support from my family and friends.

In early November I got to travel to Chicago with Kyle's family.  It was really fun to tour Chicago as an adult and not as a kid (aka not go to the American Girl Doll Center).

Kyle signed up for his first 10K and we happily ran the race together. No bitching about cold weather, numb fingers or feeling out of shape occurred (I hope you can pick up on my sarcasm)!

I ended 2015 with a few job interviews for when I graduate this spring....

And on 12/30/2015 I signed the papers to officially accept my first big girl job! Catherine also passed her teaching exams so I bought a cake from Nadia Cakes to celebrate our achievements! I know it is tacky to buy your own cake, but hey I like cake.

2015 was a great year with many exciting highlights. I cannot wait to see how 2016 will play out!


Happy New Year to all my blogging friends! Sending love to you wherever you are in this wonderful world!!! Xoxo!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment