Monday, December 14, 2015

Please, It Is Too Early For This

 As I mentioned last week I signed up for a 5K with Norman and Kyle. I am using this as an opportunity to start running again weekly and to train Norman, who is not a runner! Day one went really well, our speed was on point and I was anxious for day two to see our improvements.

Well, Friday I woke up and ran four miles with some speedy fast peeps and then came home at 6:20 am to get Norm. I literally had to pick him up off the bed and set him on the floor. He is obviously not a morning person! Haha. I think he was still asleep the first ½ mile. We got home and I wanted to take a picture and he was not having it (I am trying to document our training). The flash was bright, he was ticked I woke him up mid sleep and he totally gave me attitude! I am mean and just laughed at his funny personality! We will stick to mid-morning runs when it is light out and he is well rested. Training a dog might be more difficult than all the eight and twelve week training sessions I have held for kids! Yikes!!



The rest of the weekend was relaxing. Friday I babysat and Saturday I hung out with Bria in the morning and spent the evening with Kyle. Sunday I ate my heart out while we made Christmas cookies. Good news is I did legs today at the gym and had a PR on squats, it was totally because of the extra carbs yesterday!


That awkward moment when everything in your cart is processed junk food and you pass a kid you train…. hahaha. BUSTED!






Monday is here, the semester is ALMOST over, Christmas is so close I can smell it and I am ready to rock it until then! Have a great Monday!!!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment